Open vSwitch Documentation¶
How the Documentation is Organised¶
The Open vSwitch documentation is organised into multiple sections:
- Installation guides guide you through installing Open vSwitch (OVS) and Open Virtual Network (OVN) on a variety of different platforms
- Tutorials take you through a series of steps to configure OVS and OVN in sandboxed environments
- Topic guides provide a high level overview of OVS and OVN internals and operation
- How-to guides are recipes or use-cases for OVS and OVN. They are more advanced than the tutorials.
- Frequently Asked Questions provide general insight into a variety of topics related to configuration and operation of OVS and OVN.
Getting started with Open vSwitch (OVS) or Open Virtual Network (OVN) for Open vSwitch? Start here.
- Architecture Design Decisions In Open vSwitch | OpenFlow Support in Open vSwitch | Integration Guide for Centralized Control | Porting Open vSwitch to New Software or Hardware
- DPDK Using Open vSwitch with DPDK | DPDK vHost User Ports
- Windows OVS-on-Hyper-V Design
- Integrations: Language Bindings
- Reference Guides: Reference Guide
- Testing Testing
- Packaging: Debian Packaging for Open vSwitch | RHEL 5.6, 6.x Packaging for Open vSwitch | Fedora, RHEL 7.x Packaging for Open vSwitch
The Open vSwitch Project¶
Learn more about the Open vSwitch project and about how you can contribute:
- Community: Open vSwitch Release Process | Authors | Mailing Lists | Patchwork | Reporting Bugs in Open vSwitch | Open vSwitch’s Security Process
- Contributing: Submitting Patches | Open vSwitch Coding Style | Open vSwitch Windows Datapath Coding Style
- Maintaining: Committers | Expectations for Developers with Open vSwitch Repo Access | OVS Committer Grant/Revocation Policy
- Documentation: Open vSwitch Documentation Style | Building Open vSwitch Documentation