Reporting Bugs in Open vSwitch¶
We are eager to hear from users about problems that they have encountered with Open vSwitch. This file documents how best to report bugs so as to ensure that they can be fixed as quickly as possible.
Please report bugs by sending email to email@example.com.
For reporting security vulnerabilities, please read Open vSwitch’s Security Process.
The most important parts of your bug report are the following:
- What you did that make the problem appear.
- What you expected to happen.
- What actually happened.
Please also include the following information:
- The Open vSwitch version number (as output by
- The Git commit number (as output by
git rev-parse HEAD), if you built from a Git snapshot.
- Any local patches or changes you have applied (if any).
The following are also handy sometimes:
- The kernel version on which Open vSwitch is running (from
/proc/version) and the distribution and version number of your OS (e.g. “Centos 5.0”).
- The contents of the vswitchd configuration database (usually
- The output of
- If you have Open vSwitch configured to connect to an OpenFlow
controller, the output of
ovs-ofctl show <bridge>for each
<bridge>configured in the vswitchd configuration database.
- A fix or workaround, if you have one.
- Any other information that you think might be relevant.
firstname.lastname@example.org is a public mailing list, to which anyone can subscribe, so do not include confidential information in your bug report.